The eight-storey building was painstakingly stripped back, revealing scores of heritage features which were carefully restored or replaced like-for-like.
A new roof was installed, complete with an additional mezzanine floor, creating an incredibly bright and versatile space at the top of the building, with views over the whole city. New internal structures have opened up a huge internal atrium, with contemporary lift, stairs and bridges linking the different work spaces.
Superb internal fit out to Grade A standard with a series of unique heritage features and high specification finishes over 182,405 sq ft.
The building is set to become home to Amazon and WeWork.
Description of Works:
- Demolition / strip out of all internal finishes / and roof structures.
- 8-Storey (2-Storey below ground) across 182,405 sq ft.
- Grade 2 listed building.
- New roofs to each of the blocks including the addition of an additional floor.
- High Spec fit out of Grade A offices.
- City Centre site; adjacent to a tramline; Manchester Victoria train station; buildings and main roads on all sides.
Award Wins for Hanover House:
- 2019 RICS North West Awards – Building Conservation Project of the Year
- 2019 Insider Property Awards – Commercial Development of the Year
- 2019 The Institution of Structural Engineers, North West Awards – Most Sustainable Project
- 2019 British Council for Offices Awards – Refurbished / Recycled Workplace: North
- 2019 British Council for Offices Awards – Refurbished / Recycled Workplace: National